So I started this journey in a fluke 2 years ago but in following my bliss, taking some wrong turns, I have found that my joy is writing. I am far from perfect. I am no Ernest Hemingway or Joseph Campbell but I believe I have something unique to say. In an effort to move past the parts that I have used to define and embrace myself and my journey as a whole, here is my new site of you are interested in following I would appreciate it.
Rachel Writes Her Heart on Her Sleeve
*disclaimer, I am not speaking here for my entire generation, just a lot of us. I am also not telling you that your spirituality has to look like mine.
- Historically, the institutional church has been on the side of evil over good. (inquisition, perpetuation of slavery and segregation).
- We yearly see history repeating itself world wide….
- The doctrine of “grace”is happy to apply to “all”, even those predators that are running rampant throughout the pulpits.
- We are not ok with another generation being sexually abused, exploited, indoctrinated, and shamed.
- The way the Bible is being interpreted and used as a bully pulpit is often in direct contradiction to what was actually being said in the original language and time.
- Guys….we have the internet, we can study it on our own…..we don’t need some suited up dude trying to remember what some professor taught in their college doctrine courses….
- Remember Martin Luther?
- Again, the internet……
- We see all the elements of the institutional church that was “borrowed” wholesale from other religions…..be real y’all!!! You don’t have to pretend this is all “God ordained…..” because when you preach that stuff right next to “thou shalt not lie….” ya lost us……
- Why would anyone ever go to an organization, seeking spiritual honesty and vulnerability, when that organization has written and shared more “crap” about that group of people?
- You see, we are starting our groups of spirituality. There are small groups, book groups, home groups, etc.
The thing is, we are thriving spiritually, just not in the way that makes sense to you!