One of the many benefits of winter storm Jonas was the fact that my husband was home for an extended stay. With him there, I got to cook, clean, shower, relax, and watch tv. He always makes sure I relax, which both drives me crazy and fills my heart with his love and care.
Tapenade is one of mine and my husband’s favorite snacks and right now I am always looking for a high protein snack to help keep up with nursing. Tapenade is a dip that is made of olives, nuts, herbs, garlic, capers, and a sweet element like a roasted red pepper, date, etc. All the ingredients are minced or pureed to create this delicious, high protein snack. I strapped Arden into the baby carrier and away we went.
- 1 jar 6 oz Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 jar 6 oz Green olives
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 15-25 fresh mint leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of capers
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers
- Flour Tortillas or Pita Bread
- Drain Olives, Capers and Roasted Red peppers
- Rinse and dry the mint leaves
- mince the garlic, mint leaves, and walnuts
- Use a small food processor to chop, puree, or mince the olives and capers (to taste)
- Chop up the sweet element
- Stir all ingredients together
- Toast up some tortillas or pitas, slice in 8ths and serve!