I am a big fan of taking one easy recipe and making leftovers into a completely different and equally easy new dish. As a mother of a 14 week old, returning to the work force, I don’t have time for fancy and I don’t have time for gross.
Earlier this week we had roast chicken and baked potatoes which is one of the EASIEST meals on earth to make! You need one roast pan, a chicken, some herbs, some oil,some butter and away you go. Find the recipe I use here.
- This week I substituted rosemary for thyme and lime for lemon because it was what I had on hand.
When we are done with the chicken, I always remove the extra meat and make stock out of what is left, but as I started this process yesterday, I remembered an easy recipe I had saved weeks ago for Chicken Parmesan Soup. This recipe from Delish.com is as easy as it is delicious.
- I sautéed the diced onions and garlic with olive oil in a skillet for about 8 minutes. (On medium heat)
- I then added a can of tomato paste and a quarter cup of chicken broth and let it cook down for about 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- While the onions were sautéing, I took the meat off the chicken frame and added it to the chicken stock.
- I then dumped the contents of the skillet into the stockpot along with a can of diced tomatos.
- I added 3tbs of Italian seasoning and let the broth and chicken simmer for 30 min.
- I added some gluten free penne pasta, set the timer for 7 min, and got out the parmesean, mozzarella, and parsley.
- When the timer went off, it was dish up and serve with some garlic toast!
It was even better today than it was yesterday and we still have a TON of leftovers.